Highfields on Alford Lake was purchased after the war by Col. Cleo Godere and successfully operated as a boys camp for more than twenty-five years, until his death. The land has been subdivided for house and cottage lots. The new school sets on a small piece of the large area formerly occupied by the camp.
Click here for a description of the camp, which was copied
from a broshure.
Click here Dave Bowman's Powerpoint presentation.
Click here for reflections on Highfields by a 1950's camper
Click either on the following thumbnail pictures or the P numbers below to see the related pictures.
P1003 Map of the camp. P1012 Totum
Pole P1005 Dining Room P1006 Fireside
Story P1007 Highfields Building P1008 Horse Jumping P1009 Warriors
P1010 Health Check P1011 Wood Shop The following were taken ca. 2007 P1029 Lakeside P1030 1031 1032 Cabins P1033
Bath House P1034 Nurses office & canteen P1035 Dining hall P1036 Campfire area P1037 Banner